Powered by Blogger.

Advertisements

Indonesian Police: Feared or Respected??

>> Tuesday, April 5, 2011



Today, I watched the most amusing video from an institution I hate since I was a kid, Police. It's shows a Indonesian police lip sync and dance in a Hindi music. At first glance, I can say "Well, Police are not bad at all". After many years,  I always thought that policemen are stern, discipline and feared or, I might, say hate by community. I always heard that anyone who involved with them, it means bad news. I f you get ticket , for example, you can bribe them. Seventy five thousand Rupiah or so will save you from a boring and twisting administration. But yeah, it made your feeling uneasy, or maybe cautious if you were stopped by them

The institution itself were trying to befriend and respected among society. In my opinion, it still won't work They went to the kindergarten, explain about what police are and what they do. They teach how children should behave on the road. But, I doubt if these kids will have a good image about police few years later. They may find out the real "image" of police if they grow up.

Since this video become a trend in Indonesia for past few days, Police trying to find out the suspect who upload the video on Youtube. For me, It is pointless, The video got hundreds positive comments. Most of them said if Norman Kamaru (the police who lip sync and dance) are funny and creative. I haven't found any comment who said he disgrace his corps. Also, I presume Norman act like that because he want to entertain his friends. Not expecting for a "cheap" fame.I don't think he will upload his video on Youtube. It might be somebody else who thought that the video is amusing. But look at the result., None of them mocking him and his corps. Most of comment support Norman if he got Sanction by his leader. Public love this police. You can see here http://www.facebook.com/pages/1-juta-dukungan-buat-oman-kamaru-untuk-tidak-ditindak/147286015337056, a group who collect 1 million supporters who ask Norman not get sanction by his institution.

So, Sir, If you think Norman disgrace your institution, I won't say yes. Some policemen went to red light district, bar, discotheque, receive a bribe yet won't say anything, always deny it. If you appreciate him but still give him sanction to him. It still not nice.If I were you, I'd rather choose him to be a "friendly police" mascot. he can be a police who respected and love by society. He is not a comedian who disgrace your institution.

But Sir, if you still persistent that police must be stern and discipline like before, well go ahead. People will still fear you, not respect you.

1 comments:

Unknown April 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Well written, setuju banged. Polisi Indo 1000 year behind in so many ways. I could comfortably say that they are worst than scumbags! Leave Norman alone!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP